Gulf Coast Family's primary purpose is to encourage families along the Gulf Coast by providing worthwhile information that deals with family life right here in the Tampa Bay area.
Party with a Purpose
If you’re looking for an unforgettable birthday experience for your child, look no further. That’s exactly what you will get if you book a birthday party with Astro Skate! The staff at Astro Skate, from the owner on down, have a unique way of making your child feel like a princess or a prince for the day. From the moment you step through their front doors, you step into a magical world filled with much more than just a skating rink. The activities that are offered throughout your stay will leave your children begging you to bring them back to do it all over again!
When we arrived at Astro Skate, we were greeted with many smiles and a warm welcome. The party began with the birthday girl being introduced to our Party Host Lizzie, with whom she immediately bonded! It was apparent that Lizzie loves to play with kids, and relates well to them. She was always ready and willing to help out in any way possible and did everything with a great attitude and smile. The first treat for the kids at the party was having their faces painted and their hair sprayed with glitter if they wanted. Most of the kids took part in one or both of those activities. Then they were led to the skate floor for some games – a Hula Hoop contest and pogo stick jumping. After that, it was time to relax and enjoy Perky’s Pizza, with soda and popcorn.
When everyone had filled their tummies, the fun picked up again. An announcement was made for everyone to head over to the jumbo inflatable playhouse at the north end of the skating rink. There the kids were able to enjoy a fun-filled joust once they put on their protective head gear. This was a new experience for many of the guests, and they had a blast trying to be the last one standing each time! After the jousting was over, some found their way back to the skating rink, while others headed over to the games in the arcade.
Shortly after, another announcement was made, that Astro Skate’s famous Bass Station was now open! The Bass Station is where the kids and even the adults could let loose their dance moves to songs that they requested from the deejay. This side room contains a few couches for those who wore themselves out too quickly. Additionally, the kids received glow-in-the-dark bracelets and enjoyed each other’s company under the spinning disco ball light show.
Finally, the kids headed back to the tables once more to have cake and sing a special Happy Birthday song to the birthday girl! Our party host Lizzie was once again amazing as she efficiently cut and passed the cake to over 50 people. After the kids had stuffed their tummies for the last time with cake, they enjoyed one last special dance--the cha cha slide! Then they finished off the party with a few more laps on the skating rink to conclude a fabulous afternoon of fun from start to finish!
• Looking for a place to party? Astro Skate has terrific and affordable birthday packages, plus open skating every Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.
• Astro Camp is available during summer, holidays and weekends. Camp activities last from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and cost only $15 per day. The campers go on a field trip in the morning and skate every afternoon. Pay as you go, and bring the campers on the days it works for you.
• You can have fun close to home at any of Astro Skate’s three locations: Tarpon Springs, Pinellas Park and Bradenton. Where will you skate next?
• Family Fun! Every Saturday night at Astro Skate, bring the family and enjoy FREE pizza and soda for the first hour.
• Looking for new ideas to drum up money for your school? Try throwing an event at Astro Skate! Owner Chris Maganias donates time, money, inflatables, free buses, and disc jockeys for school events when the school books a skating fundraiser. If that’s not enough, Chris also donates birthday parties for schools that hold silent auctions and carnivals!
• Astro Bus Service can take you anywhere from Lowry Park Zoo to Busch Gardens to Disney World! Astro Skate rents buses for school field trips in Pasco and Pinellas Counties. The bus service also is available for private use for family reunions, bachelor parties or any private group seeking transportation.
• Happy birthday to Astro Skate! It has been 30 years since the original Astro Skate rink was opened in Tarpon Springs by the Maganias family. Chris Maganias has been the owner for the past 20 years.
• With the Astro Skate Student of the Month program, each participating school receives FREE skating passes for the Student of the Month in each class in the entire school.
• See you at Double Dollar Skate Night! Save your bucks and pay just $2 plus skate rental on Wednesday nights. What’s not to love about Astro Skate?
Astro Skate and Fun Center
10001 66th St. N.
875 Cypress St.
3611 3rd St. W.
If you would like to share a birthday party location or idea, use our “Submit Birthday Party Idea” form. Thanks and have a Happy Birthday Party!
Gulf Coast Family Publications - Encouraging families along the Gulf Coast in Pinellas County